Join Bixby Fire
- $39,962.37 up to $48,915.86 Based on Certifications
- Salary Calculations (above) include Built-in Overtime
- Examples of Additional Certifications are:
- Firefighter 1
- Firefighter 2
- Hazmat Operations
- Advanced E.M.T.
- Numerous Others
- Degree Pay
- $50 per month for Associate’s
- $100 per month for Bachelor’s
- $150 per month for Master’s
- Education Reimbursement
Reimbursement for one-half the cost of tuition and book expenses for course work related to their field up to $3,000 per fiscal year.
- Fire Academy (Firefighter I & 2, HazMat Ops, Auto Extrication, etc.)
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- Other certification courses
- Plus, Competitive Benefits Package.
- Plus, Yearly Increasing Longevity Pay
- Plus, Yearly Step increases
Applicants must have
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Emergency Medical Technician (E.M.T.) Certification
Download & Complete the City of Bixby Employment Application (PDF)
- Submit completed application in person by mail to or in person at:
- Receive A Testing Date from B.F.D.
- Scheduled Testing will include:
- Oklahoma Firefighters Pension Physical Agility Test
- Written Examination
- An Oral Interview (Upon Successfully Passing Step 3)
- Chief's Interview
- A Criminal Background Investigation
City of Bixby Employee Benefits
The Benefit Package include but not limited to:
- Medical and Dental Insurance paid for employee by the City of Bixby
- Spouse & Dependent Coverage is available for around $129.00 a month
- Life Insurance in the amount of $20,000 paid for employee with additional coverage available on employee and dependents.
- Vision, Injury, Cancer, Hospitalization, and Critical Care Coverage available for employee and dependents.
- Retirement through the Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement System (OPPRS).
- For more information view the O.F.P.R.S. website.
- Employees are vested at 10 years of service and normal retirement is at 20 years of service.
- 13 Shifts Vacation Paid Vacation after one (1) year of service completed.
- 12 days annual sick leave
- Funeral leave
- Paid Holidays or Holiday Leave "Sell Back"
- Additional Overtime and/or Comp-time are available.
- Emergency Call-back Overtime – 2 hour Minimum.
- Clothing Allowance of $600 offered annually.
- Education Incentive Based on College Degree(s).
- Continuing Education Compensation Assistance opportunities are available.
- All Uniforms, Bunker/Structural Gear and Wildland Gear issued upon hiring.