Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Bixby Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer.
Bixby is the premier south Tulsa suburb, with an estimated population of 27,454. Bixby has been one of the top 5 fastest growing Oklahoma cities for the last several years. A large selection of housing choices, great schools, and a rich quality of life make Bixby a great place to work and live.
Provide law enforcement services to the community in compliance with Federal, Tribal, State, and local laws. Respond to emergency calls for service, make arrests, patrol neighborhoods, investigate vehicle collisions, and partner with community stakeholders in developing cooperative education and enforcement strategies in Bixby.
Salary and Benefits:
• Officer $37,500-$54,306
-Start at $37,500 advance to $39,500 upon completion of field training.
-Master Officer $51,793-$59,786
• Miscellaneous allowance:
-$750 each year (Sep. 1)
• Cleaning allowance:
-$27.69 per check
-1-5 years -2 weeks per year
-6-10 years -3 weeks per year
-11-14 years -4 weeks per year
-15+ years -5 weeks per year
-Vacation buyback of 1-2 weeks available Dec. of each year
• Sick leave
-8 hours per month (96 hours a year / Max accrual 960 hours)
-11 recognized holidays + 1 floating holiday per year
• Education pay:
-$100 a month for a Bachelor’s degree
-$150 a month for a Master’s degree
-Max of $3000 a year education reimbursement (50% of tuition and books)
• Insurance (Medical/Dental)
-Family coverage-$129 a month
-Vison, Flex, and Life insurance available
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Must be between 21 and 45, unless you are currently in the Oklahoma Police Pension system.
• Must possess a min of 60 college hours from a college or university accredited by a Regional Accrediting Organization. (We apologize to our Veterans, but currently we are unable to substitute Military service for college hours.)
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License which has not been suspended or revoked in the past five (5) years.
• No more than 2 or more moving violations in the past three years.
• Cannot have been convicted of alcohol related driving offense within the last 5 years.
• Must not have been convicted of domestic abuse or be listed as a defendant on a protective order.
• Must not have been convicted of a felony crime, have any pending criminal actions, or conviction for a crime of moral turpitude
• Be willing and able to use all measures of force to effect arrest or protect citizens and yourself
• Must successfully complete Basic (CLEET) Academy and department Field Training (560 hours)
• Must demonstrate firearms proficiency during with: Handgun, Shotgun, and Rifle
• Ability to read, understand and interpret ordinances, laws and other operating procedures and communicate both orally and in writing
• Ability to drive an emergency vehicle safely and efficiently while under stress and while using the radio• Ability to deal effectively with others in both stressful and routine day to day situations in a calm manner
• Ability to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, and long hours as necessary
• Ability to read and interpret maps and give directions as needed
• Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
• Willingness to follow orders, and to work with others• Ability to perform all aspects of Community Policing
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality• Ability to generate clear concise reports
Offer for Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
• Physical agility test (given on test day)
• Applicant written test (given on test day)
• Oral Review Boards (given on test day)
• Police Chief’s Interview
• Background Investigation• MMPI Psychological Examination• Police Pension Board Physical
• Pre-employment drug screening
***Application deadline 28 Feb 2020 1700 hours***
Applications available at the Bixby Municipal building 116 W Needles Bixby OK-24/7
Or Career Opportunities Page
For additional questions please go to
Bixby Police Recruitment
Cpl. Mike Konshak